Microbial Growth Exposure Symptoms
Most mold symptoms can be confused with allergy symptoms. Some molds produce toxic substances known as mycotoxins, but mold itself is not poisonous or toxic. Common symptoms can include but are not limited to:
- Runny or stuffy nose.
- Cough and postnasal drip.
- Itchy eyes, nose and throat.
- Watery eyes.
- Dry, scaly skin.
Although bathrooms and basements are typical moist areas prone to mold growth, any moist area in the home can be affected by microbial growth. However this does not exclude other areas such drywall, ceiling tiles, carpets, furniture, ductwork, roofing, paneling, wallpaper, under sinks, and the areas around plumbing pipes.
If you suspect that mold is growing in your home you should always contact a professional. SERVPRO of Simi Valley has trained technicians who will remove any and all mold from your home or place of business. We are the industry leader in mold remediation.