Keep your Business Mold-Free
Mold grows in places you cannot even see, and it sometimes grows increasingly worse before it’s noticeable. Mold, however, pollutes the air and can threaten the structural integrity of a structure.
When mold grows on a commercial property, it can be devastating for business owners as they must shut down operations to decontaminate the business. These tips will help prevent mold from growing in your business.
Mold grows anywhere there is moisture and oxygen. The mold spores are invisible to humans, so you may not even know when mold takes over.
- Use a dehumidifier: It can be challenging to maintain proper humidity inside your business. To ensure 50% humidity, install commercial dehumidifiers throughout the property.
- Repair plumbing issues: As soon as you notice a leak in your business from a roof, pipe, or window, call a restoration company to mend the damages. The longer you wait, the higher the chance of mold growth.
- Ensure proper ventilation: If not properly maintained, mold will grow around HVAC systems. Mold spores can spread from vents, so a clean HVAC system will keep mold out.
- Stay Vigilant: It’s not easy to notice mold growth in its early stages. By inspecting your property frequently and monitoring high moisture levels, you can notice mold before it becomes a problem. Early signs of mold growth include stains on walls, smells, and marks on floors.
- Call a professional: If the mold has spread or you can’t find the origin of the problem, call a professional mold remediation company to assist you.
At SERVPRO® of Simi Valley, we have a team of certified franchise professionals to take care of your mold problem. Our team is trained with the best equipment and techniques to locate and remove your property of mold and residual pores. Trust SERVPRO® of Simi Valley for your commercial property mold remediation needs. Call us at (805) 522-2945, we are 24/7/365.