Yearly Home Maintenance Checklist
SERVPRO of Simi Valley is always here to help and in this blog, we want to provide you a detailed yearly home maintenance checklist to follow to stay on top of being a great homeowner.
- Check your furnace filters.
- Test carbon monoxide and smoke detectors.
- Clean range hood fan.
- Vacuum refrigerator coils.
- Run water and flush toilets in unused spaces.
- Clean garbage disposal.
- Clean and vacuum curtains.
- Check caulking around showers and bathtubs.
- Inspect roofing for damage.
- Check exterior drainage.
- Get A/C serviced.
- Flush hot water heater and remove sediment.
- Check water softener.
- Clear dead plants/shrubs.
- Clean out window wells of debris.
- Oil garage door track.
- Trim trees, bushes, shrubs.
- Maintain yard growth.
- Fertilize lawn.
- Clean window screen.
- Remove lint from dryer exhaust.
- Clean garage.
- Inspect plumbing for leaks.
- Power wash windows and siding.