My Kitchen Still Smells After the Fire Damage Gets Cleaned Up. Why is that?
SERVPRO Can Help Remove Odors in Your Kitchen
Fire damage from cooking is also known as a protein fire is one of the most common fire losses in residential properties.
Particular actions need to happen to make sure fire damage in the kitchen from this type of loss. This actively demonstrates that the first and foremost thing to do is wiping down all surfaces in the vicinity with a cleaning agent with a solvent base to release the greasy residue's grip.
Odor control methods are also a part of this type of mitigation. Cleaning lessens the pungent odor, SERVPRO techs usually have to do a multilayered approach for complete scent elimination using methods such as:
- Thermal fogging
- Hydroxyl generators
- Sealants over painted walls and ceilings