Tips about Water Damage from the EPA
We only see mosquitoes every few months a year but they can can huge problems.
Eliminate standing water where mosquitoes can breed.
Mosquitos can sharply increase after a flood, due to the sudden availability of standing water which they require for breeding -- even very small amounts of water. As flood waters recede be sure to drain, overturn, or empty areas -- no matter how small -- to reduce mosquito breeding areas and help reduce the spread of mosquito-borne diseases.
- Get rid of standing water in rain gutters, old tires, buckets, plastic covers, toys, pools, or any other containers.
- Empty water from damaged materials that aren't usually outdoors, such as discarded furniture, household items, bookshelves, building materials, trash, etc.
- Drain wet areas and puddles of water, or fill them with dirt.
- More ideas for controlling mosquitoes
- Why? The importance of controlling mosquito-borne diseases, such as West Nile Virus or Zika
Jump on your water damage immediately by calling SERVPRO of Simi Valley.